how I like to work
I enjoy working with diverse groups of people who are excited to get to work in the morning because they love what they are doing. I believe that collaboration is a shared value not only between people but also between organizations because open source information is the future for business and humanity. I can work independently, but also excel when working with a small team of dedicated individuals. I bring focus and spirited energy wherever I go.
sotheby's, ux designer
New York City, October 2017 - Present
• Lead designer for enterprise tool that supports Sotheby’s business from client consignment to auction.
• Create UI flows, build empathy maps, journey maps, and user story maps.
• Conduct qualitative research to discover new insights and unmet needs to help solve user problems.
• Help establish and grow our Design Language System (DLS).
• Facilitate Design Sprint workshops to generate innovative solutions and build team cohesion.
freelance, ux designer/researcher
New York City, May 2017 - September 2017
• Perform Quality Assurance and design consultancy for vets.gov content team.
• Designed portfolio website for Veteran-owned Service Design company.
• Facilitated a user-testing workshop at The Startup Institute.
wework, ux researcher
New York City, April 2016 - October 2016
• Built a qualitative research library interviewing nearly 500 members and stakeholders that became an internal company wide tool used by hundreds of employees to improve the user experience.
• Created holistic experiences for members through physical spaces, digital products, and service design.
• Developed taxonomy for interview content and subjects for easier searchability.
Maxpoint, jr. visual designer
New York City, June 2015 - January 2016
• Conceptualize, refine, and implement visual designs for enterprise products.
• Established the UI pattern library to improve design efficiency and standards.
• Conducted quality assurance reviews to keep projects on schedule before handing off to developers.
NY State Supreme Court, Court Officer
New York City, October 2009 - June 2015
• Protect and serve lawyers, judges, civilians and defendants in thousands of cases over five years.
• Resolved conflicts by treating individuals with respect and empathy.
US Marine Corp, Sergeant, Amphibious Assault Crew Chief
Camp Pendleton, October 2003 - October 2007
• Supervised and delegated authority to 30+ Marines at a time.
• Responsible for maintenance and operability of $2.5 million amphibious assault vehicle.
• Problem-solved in high stress conditions to ensure safety of team over hundreds of missions.
• Facilitated recruitment and evaluation of Iraqi civilians for Iraqi National Police.